Catholic Schools Week Begins Sunday, January 29, 2016. Here is a list of activities by day the Academy of St. Matthias the Apostle will be holding for the week:
- Sunday, January 29- Participating in 10:30 AM Parish Mass. All ASMA students are encouraged to wear their school uniform to Mass.
- Sunday, January 29- OPEN HOUSE- 11:30 AM-1:30 PM. Meet in front foyer for a guided tour of the school.
- Sunday, January 29- 12 Noon, Academic Challenge Team at DeMatha Catholic HS.
- Monday, January 30-Coffee and Doughnuts for Parents- 7:45- 8:00 AM in Upper level Library. Parents are encouraged to attend classroom “morning meeting”. Meet with Principal Schratz for Roundatable discussion at 9:15 AM in Hughes Center.
- Monday, January 30- National History Day Presentations- 1:30-3:00 PM
- Tuesday, January 30- 8:15-9:15 AM. Open House for Prospective Parents. Call 301-577-9412 for details.
- Tuesday, January 30- 9:15-10:15 AM. Catholic Schools Week Mass. Sanctuary of St. Matthias the Apostle Church.
- Wednesday, January 31- Pennies for Pakistan Fundraiser
- Wednesday, January 31. STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math) Assembly for students in Friendship Hall 8:30-10:00 AM.
- Thursday, February 1- Tag Day for all students, Educational Buddy Activity, HSA treats all students to ice cream at lunch, NO homework tonight!
- Friday, February 2- Blastoff Breakfast for teachers 8-9:00 AM courtesy ASMA HSA.
- Friday, February 2- SOUPER Bowl Tag Day- Students bring in canned or powder soup to donate to St. Matthias Food Bank and dress in your team’s colors.
- Friday, February 2- 9 AM in Church: Prayer Service to Celebrate our Chain of Kindness
- Friday, February 2 – Half Day for Students. Second Quarter Report Cards Distributed. Dismissal at 12:05 PM. No After Care on Friday 2/2.
The Academy of St. Matthias the Apostle will hold a Family Dinner Night on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 from 5-8 PM at the Chick-Fil-A at the Vista Gardens Shopping Center at the intersection of Route 450 and Route 704. The Academy of St. Matthias the Apostle earns a percentage of all sales at Chick- Fil-A that evening. Please help our school and enjoy a fun night out.
The Academy of St. Matthias the Apostle follows the same inclement weather school closings or delays as the Prince George’s County Public Schools. If the Prince Georges County Public Schools close due to inclement weather, the Academy of St. Matthias the Apostle will also be closed. If there is a one or two hour delay, the Academy of St. Matthias the Apostle will follow that delay as well.
Volunteer parents, grandparents, or adult friends of the Academy of St. Matthias the Apostle are needed to staff a concession booth at the Xfinity Center for four men’s and women’s basketball games in January and February 2017. This is a great, no cost fundraiser for our school and your time at each game counts toward ASMA service hours. Volunteers should be TIPS trained to serve alcohol and work the cash registers. Food and non-alcoholic beverages are provided to all volunteers at games at no cost. TIPS training is provided at no cost to our volunteers. Please contact our principal Mrs. Schratz at email@example.com or call the school office at 301-577-9412.
The ASMA Home School Association will sponsor a Pancakes and PJ’s Breakfast with Santa on Wednesday, December 21, 2016. Students are encouraged to dress in pajamas for the morning of activities that will include breakfast, a craft, an activity with a buddy class, and other fun activities. See this week’s Bridges for further details.
Academy of St. Matthias the Apostle students may dress out of uniform in red or green clothing on Monday, December 19. Students and parents are reminded that all students should be appropriately dressed for the school day.
It’s the Holiday Book Fair! Every day this week during school hours in the upper level Library. A great opportunity for parents, grandparents, friends to purchase books or great reading materials for your Academy of St. Matthias students or other children. Orders may also be placed on-line at www.scholastic.com/fair.
In honor of the feast day of Our Lady of Guadalupe, a Spanish language Mass will be celebrated in the church at 1 PM on Friday, December 2, 2016. Our Spanish bilingual Pre-K and Kindergarten classes, as well as grades 5-8, will attend the Mass. Parents are welcome to attend the Mass.